7 Google Local SEO Marketing Secrets Every Home Business Owner Should Know
Local seo marketing is not just about “moms and pops” shops if you are in the home business industry and thinking how this applies to you. Local seo is all about getting found locally based on who is searching for what in the search engines. When I first heard about the term I actually excluded myself from the equation until I had a little bit of an understanding how getting found locally what very important to me as a home business entrepreneur.
First off, I should also make it clear that local seo marketing is really for everybody in a small business. So in this post I will be sharing how local seo marketing can help us home business owners get more business and how to get started setting up your profile. I beleive this has the potential of changing your business especially in your business deals with physical commodities or you want to dominate your local area in your business industry both online and offline.
So let’s get started;
What Is Local SEO Marketing?
This is google’s way of giving great value to their users at the same time promoting local business online by focuses on the geographical area that you may be located. The stats are quite shocking when you take your time to look into local seo. It is not just related to brick and mortar business. It is set to give results based on location by google providing the nearest results the person searching for informmation.
Why Is Google Focusing On Local So Much?
Google aways wants to give their users great service and make their lives much more easier while providing more services to small businesses. Of course google is a business just like any other and would have to get something in return however google has always provided help to local and small businesses. According to stats 87% of people use their phone when their on the go to search for information on what is closest to them. 4 out of 5 people use smart phones for searches, 2 out of 3 take direct action based on the results on their search and 1 out 3 people actually make a purchase based on that search.
How Does Local SEO Work?
Google gives results based on a persons online avatar and behaviour. For example, google takes into account certain factors such as your browsing history, location, preference and your profile etc. This aim is to give you a tailored result and make sure that when you search it is very close to what the individual is looking for.
How Does A Home Business Owner Leverage The Power of Local SEO Marketing?
Bear in mind that this is based on local searches and think the number of people in your local area that might need your service or product. How about your neighbour looking to ‘gain lean muscle’ (haha just had to throw that in there – sound a lot like me). Guess what; when they enter the search term on their phone or tablet your results show and they can message you or call you straight away. How cool is that?
So Here’s What To Do To Get Started
1. Claim your google business page
2. Make sure you choose the rite category when setting up your business page on google
3. Upload as many photos as possible in your business area . High quality photos relating to your industry, I would use my lifestyle photos in high res.
4. Add a local number so people can contact you
5. Add your business address correctly and should be consistent everywhere online – google will give you preference for this. It is important to note that you avoid virtual offices and virtual telephone numbers. Be a real person people can reach
6. List your website to local directories and get reviews and encourage people to leave reviews. It is also a great idea to have your previous customers leave postive reviews on your google business page.
7. Connect with local websites or local businesses and link back your site or blog. This is one of the reasons you need to have a blog branding you or your business or a website. It could be your company website.
8. Try getting into on the local news
9. Setup a google plus account