My Honest Empower Network Review & Experience
To be very honest I believe empower network is a great company with great products however I do not believe it is for anyone and everyone. I am yet to read or watch a real empower network review video or blog post which I find to be plain and fair.A couple of days ago I was having a discussion with an accountability partner over in my home business when the subject of blogging and came into our discussion. I had not realised that my partner had used the blogging platform and had done an empower network review herself in the past. Based on this conversation I decided to do an empower network review.
You see, just like everything else empower network is great fit for certain things and not so great for others. It is certainly not the 'end-all' and 'be-all' in building a home business online. I have used the empower network blogging platform in the past for blogging and creating content this empower network review is not based on pointless arguments but also on personal experience.
Empower Network Review Video
This is a my very honest empower network review. Please note that this review is not meant to critisize or discredit empower network or its founders and owners. This is empower network review is simply my experience and my opinion.
3 Resons Why Empower Network May Not Be For You
- You do not own the website; one thing you would find with the empower network blogging system is that you actually do not own the website. The blogging theme belongs to empower network and you do not own it or own the rights to make changes to the themes. I have struggled with re-arranging side bars and placing optin forms on the theme at the basic level. I am not very sure about higher levels of membership but this is not good especially if you are looking to promote your own products and brand yourself along side.
- You do not own the domain; unlike having and owning your own blog which is dependent on your domain name you cannot purchase the empower network platform on your own domain. Although the newer version of the blogging platform allows you to link your domain name to your personal blogging space, the theme is not installed on your domain.
- Risk of your blog being marked as spam; I had this experience typically with facebook. I could not post my content on facebook due to the fact that facebook had marked the empower network blogging platform as being spammy. I could not place any ads on facebook and was penalized on my other personal blogs on facebook due to the association with my empower network blog which was not great for me, my brand and my business.
- You may not be able to retrieve your intellectual property; Ever heard the saying "Content Is King" ? At some point in my home business profession I could not promote empower network any longer due to personal reasons. However, when i got back into the home business industry I decided to run my own blog with my own domain. After months of creating lots of content and links to my empower network blog I could not retrieve any of my blog content for my actual blog and I had to start from scratch while all my contents was locked in empower network. You see the point I am making is that as marketers our content is our asset online. If i had registered my own domain I would have been benefitting from my very valuable content.
- It is not the best for branding yourself; one of the best ways to market yourself and your home business is by using attraction marketing. That includes creating a brand for yourself and getting your name out online. Using an empower network blog does not allow you the flexibility of branding yourself. example; my empower network blog address is andyangus.empowernetwork.com and my actual blog address is andyatsugah.com
Advantages of the empower network blogging platform | Empower network review
- Half the lifting is done for you; since there are not setups there are no technical issues concerned when getting started with empower network. However, with just $5 you can find somebody willing to setup your blog for you on fiverr.com
- Empower network offers education on blogging and getting traffic; These are optional and paid products and upgrades you need to purchase if you want more from the system. There are other great sources of education you can purchase if you want to use blogging as a method of promoting your home business. Try this product
- Its a community blog. althoug the website does not belong to you empower network contributes to your ranking due to the number of contents on the blog.
Summary of my Empower Network Review
If you are thinking of using empower network to promote your home business or brand yourself and your business, I would suggest empower network is not the best solution for you. You may want to consider other options but I prefer MLSP due to the education you gain from there. You have a tonne of free training on any marketing strategy you choose and there are a tonne of marketing strategies to market online (in fact the founders of empower network rose from this particular company).