Here’s How You Can Start Overcoming Adversity In 3 Simple Steps
Finding ways of overcoming adversity in your life and business? Are you currently experiencing setback in your business or are you simply having trouble going through a difficult patch in your business? Or maybe even you are finding hard to bound back after a massive dip.
Unfortunately, as entrepreneurs we face this all the time. I wish I could say I should never go through adversity and difficult times but it is part of the package if you are ‘gunning’ for something big. This means overcoming adversity is a skill to master.
Unless you have no where going then you should not experience setback. It is a constant in our walk in search for greatness so overcoming adversity should be one of your staple. The problem is that we mostly think that setbacks are a signal to give up or stop. Setbacks are not in themselves evil but they are setups for something even greater.
Setbacks are actually a good thing however if you have not learned overcoming adversity then you are basically stuck.
Every Setback Is A Setup
It is a setup for the next step in your journey and produces confidence and character. I like to think of them as a stepping stone in my business. I am yet to meet someone great who never lost or went through some adversities in their career and business.
Whenever we go through tough times we get into an emotional low. The only problem is staying there. So the question is how do you comeback from that?
Overcoming Adversity In 3 Simple Steps
1. Stop and Realise Success is Not A Straight Line
Just know that success is not a straight line and that adversity and setbacks are part of the stepping stones to greatness. Chin up, breath slower and deeper and understand that God is in control.
2. Ask Yourself What Are Your Absolute Truths? What are the things in your life and in your faith you consider your absolute truths? You need to have and know what your absolute truths are and refer to them. It could be verses from the bible, a great book you’ve read or your affirmations.
3. Refer to Your Past Successes. Start thinking what are your past successes in which ever area that is concerned. In fact this could be on any success area in your life. For example, you may have come from no thing to a website or your very own business. You may have come from couch surfing to living in an apartment. This is boost to your brain. It could be that you sold or signed up 1 person into your team. Give yourself the gift of life by looking at your past victories.
What If I Have Not Conquered Any Adversity in The Past?
1. Absolutely not true. It could be as little as jumping out of bed when you did not feel like it. It could be a time when you were I’ll and overcame it.
2. Well, if you still can’t find anything then ‘suck it up’ put on your big girl big boy panties and start playing big. Simple! Just tell yourself you refuse to play small.